United Society of Friends Women
What is USFW?
- Enlist and unite all women in Christian fellowship and service;
- Work cooperatively with constituent Yearly Meetings, associations, and members-at-large (women who are interested in the goals and works of the organization, but are not members of a local society);
- Share in the mission of the church everywhere;
- Stimulate spiritual growth;
- Cultivate Christian stewardship;
- Nurture education for mission among Friends of all ages.
Formed in 1881 by Eliza Armstrong Cox and others responding to a concern among Friends Women for missionary work.
“The vision (of founder, Eliza Armstrong Cox) is still gripping us, leading us on. We still grow, altering our methods to fit the times, but nourishing the seed as it grows.”
Growth, Development, Service Unlimited – Centennial Edition 1981
Sept / Oct / Nov 2018 Edition
Officers 2017 – 2018
President – Jan Dough
Vice President – Janet Robbins
Recording Secretary – Jessica Jarvis
Adult and Missionary Service – Edith Shepherd
Christian Service – Judy Craven
USFW Board (our representatives)
Advocate Subscription Manager – Etta Florence Wrenn Winslow
Reading List – Mary Anna McCullen
Treasurer – Rita Mintmier